ioki is a complete service provider for digital forms of mobility on the road. We enable third parties, such as cities, transport companies or municipal authorities, to operate new types of mobility in public transport under their own name and design. To achieve that, we provide system components, such as the ioki platform and mobile apps, driver-based and autonomous vehicle concepts or mobility analytics, all of which can be put together flexibly and individually for our customers to build their own demand-responsive transport product.
We are looking for an Android developer to join us in our mission to develop, shape, grow and maintain an Android app used by Demand Responsive Transport (DRT) customers around the world.
Do you want to develop software in an agile environment, following best practices and using state-of-the-art tools? Then we want you to join us!
What are your responsibilities?
- You develop and maintain our Android application as part of the Android team
- You follow best practices to ensure that the application lives up to the teams development standards
- You write automated tests to verify behavior and avoid regressions
- You make technical decisions about architecture and implementation details together with the team
- You work closely together with the Product team (Mobile iOS, UX & Visual Design, Backend) to create a delightful user experience
- You brainstorm and plan together with Product Management upcoming features and improvements
- You learn new Android and mobile technologies while working together in a highly motivated and experienced product team
- You continually look to improve and bring new ideas to the team
What we are looking for in you?
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience with building Android applications with Kotlin
- Disciplined approach to development, testing and code structure
- Experience with architecture patterns
- Experience with Android support libraries (architectural components, design)
- Understanding of dependency injection
- Understanding of common design principles (SOLID, DRY, KISS etc.)
- Understanding of reactive programming principles
- Willingness to learn and share your knowledge
- Nice to have:
- Experience with MVVM
- Experience with maintaining applications on Google Play
- RxJava 2
- Dagger 2
- Retrofit 2
- Experience building client applications for HTTP APIs using RESTful JSON
- Experience with building Material design applications
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Interest in writing articles in technical magazines, blogs, user groups as well as to talk at conferences
- You have contributed to open-source projects
What you can expect from us
- In addition to fair pay, we offer you many social and ancillary services: DB job ticket, benefits within regional and long-distance transportation via Deutsche Bahn, long-term care, family benefits, child care, sporting activities, holiday packages and much more.
- With flexible working hours, home office days and free choice of your software and hardware, you can adapt your work environment to your needs.
- Our modern office is located in the heart of Frankfurt and is therefore very easy to reach.
- You will meet a committed and interdisciplinary team, and of course free beverages and snacks.
- We hold ourselves to high standards and try to develop software in the best way possible, which means we use version control, code reviews, automated tests, fix software bugs and constantly try to improve.
About ioki – Deutsche Bahn
In the center of Frankfurt am Main, we work in a 70-strong team to develop innovative and disruptive mobility services: autonomous driving and on-demand mobility services are our challenges. We help Deutsche Bahn to get in shape for the future of road passenger traffic. Modern, flexible and custom mobility solutions – that’s ioki. Today we already offer our customers and partners a seamless introduction to the mobility of the future. We are passionately working on demand responsive transport, mobility analytics and autonomous driving.