Are you interested in shaping the future of mobility? Then come join us! At ioki we work towards mobility concepts that serve as a supplement to public transport, such as mobility analytics, autonomous driving and especially, demand responsive transportation services. We combine innovative and existing concepts to connect people and restore lost living space. With decades of experience provided by our parent company Deutsche Bahn and openness of an agile start-up, we are unique as ioki. Fascinated by the developments in the mobility industry? Then we should definitely meet! For our office in Frankfurt am Main we are looking for you from now on as Developer Operations Research Smart City (m/f/d).
These will be your tasks:
- You are responsible for the development of our simulation as well as optimization tools which are focused on the evaluation of innovative urban products.
- You will develop scheduling and routing algorithms in complex mobility networks for the planning, optimization and evaluation of transportation and logistics services
- Together with the product management, you decide on new features, design and their implementation
- You work on exciting projects to initiate Smart City projects in different parts of Germany and Europe with the Mobility Analytics and Consulting team
- You are responsible for the quality of the results and for the software integration into the analytics toolchain
- You communicate project results to national and international partners
That’s what you bring with you:
- You have a university degree in (business) mathematics or computer science with a focus on optimization or operations research
- You have gathered several years of practical experience in the development of complex optimization models
- You have sound knowledge in software development with C++ or C#, ideally Java as well
- You are experienced in implementing routing algorithms
- You have practical knowledge when it comes to working with large amounts of data and performing large model calculations
- You have several years of experience in working with standard software development tools (versioning, testing, continuous integration).
- You can get enthusiastic about topics concerning the mobility market and its continuous work towards the improvement of urban living space
- You are not afraid to rethink things from the ground up and independently bring things into motion
- You are communicative, like to take initiative, take responsibility for your own work and enjoy sharing your share with others
- You have a very good knowledge of spoken and written English, because English is the company language in our international team
This is what you can expect from us:
- A healthy work-life balance, diversity, a hands-on-mentality and agile work are not only a major part of our culture recorded in writing, but we also gladly live by.
- In addition to fair payment, we offer many social and fringe benefits: a job ticket, driving concessions in local and long-distance transport, company pension, company bike, child care, sports, affordable holiday- and leisure activity offers and much more.
- We invest in your personal development: Therefore, we provide a yearly training budget for you and an experienced agile Coach.
- With flexible working hours, home office days and free choice of software and hardware, you are free to fully customize your working space.
- Our modern office is located in the heart of Frankfurt and therefore easily accessible.
- Working with us means meeting an absolutely dedicated and interdisciplinary team.
- Of course, coffee, tea, fresh fruits and even a candy bar are free for all of our employees to enjoy.