You are interested in shaping the future of mobility? Then come join us! At ioki we work towards mobility concepts that serve as a supplement to public transport such as mobility analytics, autonomous driving and especially, demand responsive transportation services. We combine innovative and existing concepts to connect people and restore lost living space. With decades of experience provided by our parent company Deutsche Bahn and openness of an agile start-up, we are unique as ioki. Fascinated by the developments in the mobility industry? Then we should definitely meet!
These will be your tasks:
- Concept and implementation of new features that enhance the operation of a Demand Responsive Transport platform
- Draft, build, deploy and maintain web UIs
- Reason about developing and scaling the frontend architecture to the next level
- Develop new features together with product managers, project managers and customers
- Collaborate with other teams across ioki to deliver the best possible product for customers and passengers
- Uphold and improve software development standards, tooling and processes
- Improve handling of existing features and research ways to make complex business processes more user-friendly
- Research and build monitoring and debugging UIs for the operators of our service
- Build new tools into our administrative area to help our customer’s operators with their workflow
That’s what you bring with you:
- You enjoy and have experience in building and maintaining large web frontends
- You write high-quality code and want to build a maintainable, stable, and tested system that you can deploy to production multiple times a day without worrying
- You’re not afraid of working on multiple levels of a web stack
- You have the ability and willingness to learn quickly and in a self-guided way. Our main backend stack consists of Ruby and Ruby on Rails, but experience in the language or the framework is not a hard requirement. Much more than that, we care that you have general software engineering skills, high standards and take pride in your work.
- You enjoy working with multiple people on the same codebase, know what that takes and are open to sharing and improving our work together
- You want to take responsibility of your work and build sustainable solutions that stand the test of time
- You have a very good knowledge of spoken and written English, because English is the company language in our international team
We do not expect you to bring all of these qualities with you. It’s fine to have more experience and expertise in one area, while missing something in another.
How our team works:
- We’re practicing modern software development in a casual environment. We value clean code, automated tests, refactoring, TDD in the sense of test-driven-design and in the sense of test-driven-development, continuous integration, shipping early and shipping often. Other modern best practices like version control go without saying.
- We believe that in order to build high quality software, we need the best tools possible. Our IT governance allows us to use what we think helps us best to achieve our goal of creating a great product.
- We’re constantly trying to get better at what we do, sharpen our tools, and learn to get better at developing the best possible software. We support each other in our work and our individual paths.
- Software development for us is a collaborative process that can only succeed in an atmosphere in which we can experiment, fail and learn, and help each other get better at what we do.
- Code is not owned by a single person, but by the whole team. We use pull requests and extensive, respectful and friendly code reviews to ensure that the code we ship measures up to our own standards.
- We host and visit multiple user groups and conferences. Because we know how important it is to always seek better ways to develop software, each employee at ioki has a budget they can use for learning and self-improvement, whether that means visiting a conference or video courses.
- Building software is our craft. We take pride in our work. We have a happy and easy-going atmosphere in which we can passionately discuss tools, editors, keyboards and programming languages, always with a wink and a smile.
These are the technologies we use:
- For our frontend tech stack we use serverside rendered pages – sometimes enhanced with jQuery – as well as highly-interactive React-based views. Our layout is based on SCSS and Bootstrap V4.
- We are using Webpack as a build tool, Jest and Enzyme for testing, and our CI servers push immutable, revertable builds to our asset hoster after the test suite passed.
- In the backend, we use Ruby and Ruby on Rails, both in up-to-date versions, to develop our API and business logic. Our favorite database is PostgreSQL, which we use together with PostGIS. We can deploy our application to our Docker cluster with one command.
This is what you can expect from us:
- A healthy work-life balance, diversity, a hands-on-mentality and agile work are not only a major part of our culture recorded in writing, but we also gladly live by.
- In addition to fair payment, we offer many social and fringe benefits: a job ticket, driving concessions in local and long-distance transport, company pension, company bike, child care, sports, affordable holiday- and leisure activity offers and much more.
- We invest in your personal development: Therefore, we provide a yearly training budget for you and an experienced agile Coach.
- With flexible working hours, home office days and free choice of software and hardware, you are free to fully customize your working space.
- Our modern office is located in the heart of Frankfurt and therefore easily accessible.
- Working with us means meeting an absolutely dedicated and interdisciplinary team.
- Of course, coffee, tea, fresh fruits and even a candy bar are free for all of our employees to enjoy.