You are interested in shaping the future of mobility? Then come join us! At ioki we work towards mobility concepts that serve as a supplement to public transport such as mobility analytics, autonomous driving and especially, demand responsive transportation services. We combine innovative and existing concepts to connect people and restore lost living space. With decades of experience provided by our parent company Deutsche Bahn and openness of an agile start-up, we are unique as ioki. Fascinated by the developments in the mobility industry? Then we should definitely meet! For our office in Frankfurt am Main we are looking for you from now on as Senior Scientist Modeling and Simulation of Traffic (m/f/d).
These will be your tasks:
- You are responsible for the continuous development and maintenance of our simulation model for urban and rural mobility transportation services
- You decide on new features, their subsequent conception and implementation together with the Project Management team
- You work on challenging projects to initiate on-demand offers in different parts of Germany and Europe with the Mobility Analytics and Consulting team
- You are responsible for the quality of the simulation results and the integration of the mobility simulation into our Analytics Tool-Chain
- You communicate project results to national and international partners
That’s what you bring with you:
- You have a university degree and at least two years of professional experience or doctorate in traffic modelling, multi-agent systems, machine learning, geo-informatics or micro-economics.
- You have several years of sound knowledge in software development with Java and R – or in another programming languages with an advanced knowledge in Java
- You have practical knowledge in working with large amounts of data as well as in performing large model calculations (high performance / grid / cloud computing).
- You are familiar with standard software development tools (versioning, testing, continuous integration); and open source project experience is absolutely welcome.
- Ideally you are experienced in traffic planning or simulation tools such as VISUM, MATSim, Sumo, Aimsun, Anylogic or Repast.
- You can get enthusiastic about topics concerning the mobility market and its continuous work towards the improvement of urban living space
- You are not afraid to rethink things from the ground up and independently bring things into motion
- You are communicative, like to take initiative, take responsibility for your own work and enjoy sharing your share with others
- You have a very good knowledge of spoken and written English, because English is the company language in our international team
This is what you can expect from us:
- A healthy work-life balance, diversity, a hands-on-mentality and agile work are not only a major part of our culture recorded in writing, but we also gladly live by.
- In addition to fair payment, we offer many social and fringe benefits: a job ticket, driving concessions in local and long-distance transport, company pension, company bike, child care, sports, affordable holiday- and leisure activity offers and much more.
- We invest in your personal development: Therefore, we provide a yearly training budget for you and an experienced agile Coach.
- With flexible working hours, home office days and free choice of software and hardware, you are free to fully customize your working space.
- Our modern office is located in the heart of Frankfurt and therefore easily accessible.
- Working with us means meeting an absolutely dedicated and interdisciplinary team.
- Of course, coffee, tea, fresh fruits and even a candy bar are free for all of our employees to enjoy.