Are you interested in shaping the future of mobility? Then come join us! At ioki we work towards mobility concepts that serve as a supplement to public transport, such as mobility analytics, autonomous driving and especially, demand responsive transportation services. We combine innovative and existing concepts to connect people and restore lost living space. With decades of experience provided by our parent company Deutsche Bahn and openness of an agile start-up, we are unique as ioki. Fascinated by the developments in the mobility industry? Then we should definitely meet! For our office in Frankfurt am Main we are looking for you from now an as Backend and Algorithm Software Developer (m/f/d).
These will be your tasks:
- Study, adopt, extend and improve our matching core
- Analyze production data in order to push technical and economic boundaries
- Write, refactor, test and deploy service classes which are an important layer between our API endpoints, Rails / our ERM and the matching core
- Design, build, deploy and maintain APIs
- Debug and maintain the production system on multiple levels of the stack
- Develop new features together with product managers, project managers and customers
- Collaborate with other teams across ioki to deliver the best possible product for customers and passengers
- Uphold and improve software development standards, tooling and processes
That’s what you bring with you:
- You have a degree in computer science or a similar background; preferably a diploma in IT / or a master of science.
- You have a few thousand hours of coding experience under your belt and know at least one dynamic and one statically typed language well.
- You should have worked with git, but you definitely must have worked with relational data at some point; writing SQL is a necessity, a ‘nice to have’ is experience with PostgreSQL in particular and understanding how to write fast, optimized queries.
- You have at least one favorite algorithm and know some data structures.
- You are able to solve basic computer science algorithms and you have broad knowledge of algorithms.
- You have written lots of bad code. By now you understand programming patterns and how to write clean code.
- You write high-quality code and want to build a maintainable, stable, and tested system that you can deploy to production multiple times a day without worrying.
- You have the ability and willingness to learn quickly and in a self-guided way. Our main stack consists of Ruby and Ruby on Rails, but experience in the language or the framework is not a requirement. Much more than that, we care that you have general software engineering skills, high standards and take pride in your work.
- You enjoy working with multiple people on the same codebase, know what that takes and are open to sharing and improving our work together
- You want to take responsibility of your work and build sustainable solutions that stand the test of time.
- You have a very good knowledge of spoken and written English, because English is the company language in our international team.
We do not expect you to bring all of these qualities with you. It’s fine to have more experience and expertise in one area, while missing something in another.
These are the technologies we use:
We use Ruby and Ruby on Rails, both in up-to-date versions, to develop our API and business logic. Our favorite database is PostgreSQL, which we use together with PostGIS. In the frontend we use React and Bootstrap. We can deploy our application to our Docker cluster with one command.
This is what you can expect from us:
- A healthy work-life balance, diversity, a hands-on-mentality and agile work are not only a major part of our culture recorded in writing, but we also gladly live by.
- In addition to fair payment, we offer many social and fringe benefits: a job ticket, driving concessions in local and long-distance transport, company pension, company bike, child care, sports, affordable holiday- and leisure activity offers and much more.
- We invest in your personal development: Therefore, we provide a yearly training budget for you and an experienced agile Coach.
- With flexible working hours, home office days and mostly free choice of software and hardware, you are free to fully customize your working space.
- Our modern office is located in the heart of Frankfurt and therefore easily accessible.
- Working with us means meeting an absolutely dedicated and interdisciplinary team.
- Of course, coffee, tea, fresh fruits and even a candy bar are free for all of our employees to enjoy.